CAPE STORY BY THE SEA
MONTHLY CIVIC ASSOCIATION MEETING
VIRGINIA BEACH RESORT HOTEL
November 12, 2007 at 7:30pm
I. Call to Order
Information on First Landing Fire Station – Open House Nov 29th 2pm
III. Treasurers Report
IV. Officer Reports
V. Committee Reports
– Neighborhood Watch Update
– Beautification & Clean-up Committee – Shirley Drye and Dee Simpson, Clean up Sunday, Oct 14th Completed
– Military Liaison Update- Gary Forest
– Ad Hoc Committee neighborhood concerns
– Holiday Giving Committee Nancy Snyder and Nichole Wallace coordinating, LOCAL families selected
VI. Old Business
– Update on Cape Story Neighborhood Signs –
– Contact Todd at firstname.lastname@example.org NEW CHAIRPERSON NEEDED for Fireworks on the Bay event.
– Lynnhaven River Dredging Project – Spoils transfer station planned for boat ramp area. 40 to 50 dump trucks per day for 6 months planned to start in Winter 2007. Ocean Park Civic League had presentation and discussions with the City to determine possible impact and alternate sites for the transfer, City may NOT have to approve project.
– Marina Shores – plans appear changed to business and restaurants and boatel and parking garages, Mr. Nutter postponed presentation to SDCC until January or later in 2008
VII. New Business
– CSBTS Oyster Roast November 4th, excellent turn out, Mayor Oberndorf stopped by. Food and money donations for holiday giving (FAMILIES SELECTED ARE LOCAL FAMILIES) outstanding. Funds for “Legal Expense Fund” to pledge to SDCC legal fees (approved at October 8, 2007 meeting) will be available from profits of oyster roast. A BIG THANKS to the Marks and the Chris’ and ALL THE OTHER NEIGHBORS who donated prizes and time and talent and Volunteered. And THE BAND!
– Website http://www.capestory.org – under repair and update
– SDCC, Shore Drive Community Coalition – Shrimp feast held Nov 6th at the Green Parrot, legal fees for Indigo Dunes. http://www.noindigodunes.com SDCC
– Lesner Bridge Design Forum day long event Nov 7th Community comments resulted in preliminary selection of possible design of new bridge with 100 year life expectancy, if funding obtained. Preferred bridge Design, piers (supports), pedestrian walkway and lighting selected by attendees.
– VBCCO, Virginia Beach Council of Civic Organizations (112+), Meet Nov 14th 7PM, central Library , VB Public Schools topic. Officer elections
– December 8th Santa in the Park
– December 10th MONDAY CSBTS Christmas PARTY 7:30PM – Va Beach Resort Hotel