Cape Story by the Sea Community AssociationMonthly General Meeting October 8, 2007
At 7:35pm the meeting was called to order by Empsy Munden, Association President. The meeting was at the Va. Beach Resort and Conference Hotel.
· We announced that there is a chance to meet with our Congresswoman Thelma Drake at breakfast this Saturday Morning. There will be a series of Breakfasts featuring the Republican Party of Virginia Beach on Saturday mornings. Hear community leaders and elected officials discuss current events. We meet at the Crowne Plaza Hotel located at 4453 Bonney Road (757) 473-1700, near the intersection of Independence Boulevard. No reservations are needed, and the breakfast is open to the public. Doors open at 8:00 a.m. and our Speakers begin at 8:30 a.m. The cost of the breakfast is $8.00 for the Full Buffet, $4.00 for the Continental Fare.
· The Va Beach Council of Civic Organization is hosting Delegate Night at the City Library WEDNESDAY Sept 12 at 7PM, OPEN TO the PUBLIC.
· Announcements and flyers of City Events were distributed by Pres. Empsy Munden.
Officer Reports: Minutes of the Sept. 10, 2007 CSBTS meeting and the Treasurer’s report were presented.
New Business: Motion passed to establish a Legal Expense Fund for possible use to support issues designated by CSBTS requiring services of an attorney. The Legal Fund would be limited to a total of $3000 depending on the profits from the Oyster Roast and use of the Fund would be determined by CSBTS officers and members. Old Business:
· Marina Shores Plan: Plans dated August 10, 2007 indicate Gale Levine owns the parcel(s) of land along Long Creek and that the current plan indicates restaurants and offices and a 4 level garage. The SDCC meeting Monday, Oct 29, 2007 at the Ocean Park Fire Station at 7:30PM has Mr. R. J. Nutter (attorney for Marina Shores) scheduled as a speaker.
SDCC oyster roast: No date scheduled at this time.
CSBTS oyster roast, Flyer attached, Nov. 4, Sunday. Tickets NOT SOLD at door. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for Set Up and Clean Up on Sunday, Nov 4.
· Volunteer(s) need to obtain door prizes for raffles, email: firstname.lastname@example.org if interested. First Planning meeting was Oct 9, 2007.
· CSBTS CLEAN UP Scheduled for OCTOBER 14th, SUNDAY, 2PM. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!! Meet in the park to help keep our neighborhood LOOKING GOOD.
· Neighborhood watch: solicitors noted in the neighborhood, need a peddler’s license. Call 385-5000 to report suspicious activity.
· VBCCO (VB Council of Civic Organizations): monthly meeting Oct 10th 7PM at central city library, topic: VB Public Schools
· Beautification & Clean-up committee, has a new Chair. Dee Simpson announced these next planned clean up date. The dates are Oct 14th at 2pm, Sunday and Sunday Oct 21st is the Rain Date.
· Cape Story Signs for Beech and Kendal, still working on surveyor and city approval.
· Fireworks on the Bay Chair is Needed. Contact Todd: email@example.com Meeting was adjourned at 8:47 PM