CAPE STORY BY THE SEA
MONTHLY CIVIC ASSOCIATION MEETING
VIRGINIA BEACH RESORT HOTEL
MAY 12, 2008 at 7:30pm
I. Call to Order
III. Treasurers Report
IV. Officer Reports
V. Committee Reports
· Neighborhood Watch Update – Regina Wallace-
· Beautification & Clean-up Committee – Shirley Drye and Dee Simpson Clean-Up Day April 27th Sunday in the Park 2PM
· Military Liaison Update- new Ft. Story contacts noted: Monica Miller, Information Officer : firstname.lastname@example.org Ft. Story phone: 757.422.7101 ext 225 and Tracie Culbreth: email@example.com phone: 757.422.7311 – troops Arrived April 25th, flags and signs on Shore Drive
· SkipJack: Summer issue – Ginnie and Tracy Stover May 16th Deadline
VI. Old Business
· Spring Fling Sunday May 18th 2pm to 5pm in the Park : chairperson, coordinators, volunteers NEEDED.
· Sat. June 7th Clean The Bay Day (20th anniversary of Clean the Bay Day)
Special Benefits for CSBTS Members– example of Chesapeake Beach Civic League benefits, Ryan Murphy and Rick Boesch.
· Update on Cape Story Neighborhood Signs – survey on Beech street
· THEME for THE 4th of JULY Parade Needed. THEME suggestions should be emailed to email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact Todd at email@example.com
· New Chairperson Needed: for Fireworks on the Bay event.
· Marina Shores – continue to monitor progress
VII. New Business
· Boat Ramp- Permanent Spoils Site– TRAFFIC on Shore Drive, Lesner Bridge Use, Barges on the River.
· Virginia Beach Maintenance Dept Picks up Bay Trash (cans) and has the Key to Oak Street Gate. Fire & Police & Emergency also have a key according to phone conversation. Special Requests to obtain entry through the gate at Oak Street may be made my calling the Maintenance Dept at 373-2843. Requests for Special trash pickups (tires, tree parts, boat PARTS) may be made by calling 373-2843.
· Abandoned BOATS should be reported to the City Police Dept to allow notification to owner.
· VBCCO- Va Beach Council of Civic Organizations– meeting May 14, 2008 meeting- Central Library. Speaker Tom Pauls, the Comprehensive Planning Coordinator for Virginia Beach, presenting the City’s Strategic Growth Plan http://www.vbcco.org
· Clean the Bay Day June 7 Saturday (Twenty anniversary)
· SDCC, Shore Drive Community Coalition – May 19, 2008 Monday7:30PM Ocean Park fire/rescue station. Boat Ramp/spoils site http://www.sdcc.info
Lynnhaven Luau Invitation– May 31, 2008, Saturday from 7PM to 11PM Sponsored by the Lynnhaven Colony Congregational Church at 2217W. Great Neck Rd. Featuring The ORIGINAL RHONDELS Tickets $30 in advance, $35 at the door. Call 286-3220 for Tickets and Information