CAPE STORY BY THE SEA
MONTHLY CIVIC ASSOCIATION MEETING
VIRGINIA BEACH RESORT HOTEL
Monday February 8, 2010 at 7:30pm
I. Call to Order
Introduction of guests
II. Minutes January 2010 Meeting
III. Treasurers Report
IV. Officers Reports
V. Committee Reports
- Neighborhood Watch Update – Regina Wallace- Neighborhood Watch –
- Beautification & Clean-up Committee – Shirley Drye and Dee Simpson –– Next Clean up : RESCHEDULED for Sunday, February 21st at 2PM meet in the Park
- Military Liaison Update–
- SkipJack: Ginnie and Tracy Stover –SPRING ISSUE DEADLINE FEBRUARY 15th. GREAT WORK ON THE WINTER 2009 Issue – pictures outstanding.
Pictures available on www.capestory.org – send your pictures to post links at web site
VI. Unfinished Business
- Storm Water and Flood Damage follow up –must report concerns and problems to Public Works 385-1470 Nor’easter– SDCC and civic associations are working with City Storm water engineer, Mike Mundy to gather data from the storm in order to identity areas for improvement (back flow of water through storm drains and flood on streets and park noted). Please contact Mike Mundy at MMundy@vbgov.com with Your stories and pictures.
- Sand Replenishment on the Bay– Jim Wood, Phillip Roerhs and David Hansen have provided us with information noted. Current information indicates The remainder of the beach from East of the fishing pier to Kendall Street in Cape Story will be replenished using sand dredged from Long creek, dumped onto the spoils site at Marina Shores (end of Maple Street) dredging noted currently in progress, and sand will be trucked onto Cape Story by the Oak Street Access.
- Membership for 2010 – WINTER NEWSLETTER has membership application for 2010—JOIN NOW for $10 for whole family –MEMBERSHIP is open to ALL (Owners and Renters) persons living in Cape Story. Please provide READABLE email to be added to or to remain on the CSBTS Email List . Chance for $100 drawing with each membership application.
- The Sandalwood Walkover– City Intends to rebuild – no time line stated, markers noted on bay
- Dune Restoration—Sand fences? Christmas Trees?
VII. New Business
- Wind Turbine – information provided
- VBCCO-: February meeting Wednesday February 10th at 7 PM- Central Library Bill DeSteph – City Budget Discussion, www.vbcco.org CSBTS is a member for 2010, Diana Albis 2nd VP attends meetings . Meetings are open to the public.
- Banquet March 6, 2010- CSBTS is seeking Award nominations – Categories available include Community Service Award— CSBTS Received THIS Award Last Year–and Outstanding Youth Award as well as citywide Volunteer of the Year Award and citywide Youth Volunteer Award and Community of the Year Award.
Special programs and events:
- February 14th Sunday at Tropical Smoothie Café at Marina Shores Shoppe- Pediatric Proton Foundation Fund Raising Event 10% of sales to the cause
- February 16th Tuesday at the Meyera Oberndorf Central Library from 6:30pm to 8:30pm Gang & Delinquency Prevention for Parents register at 385-1324, MPO Leta Krieger
- SDCC – Check www.sdcc.info for current information – CSBTS residents may attend as guests MONDAY, February 22, 2010 at 7:30PM at the Ocean Park Rescue Squad Station