CAPE STORY BY THE SEA MONTHLY CIVIC ASSOCIATION MEETING
VIRGINIA BEACH RESORT HOTEL 2800 Shore Drive Monday June 14, 2010 at 7:30pm
I. Call to Order Introduction of guests
II. Minutes May 2010 Meeting
III. Treasurers Report
IV. Officers Reports
V. Committee Reports
- Neighborhood Watch Update – Regina Wallace- Neighborhood Watch –
- Beautification & Clean-up Committee – Shirley Drye and Dee Simpson –– Completed Sunday, May 16th 2pm
- Military Liaison Update– Andy Baan Amy Phillips, Information Officer email@example.com phone: 757.422.7101 ext 225 and Janson Eversole, AICP Community Planning Liaison Officer Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org
- SkipJack: Ginnie and Tracy Stover –SUMMER ISSUE – GREAT WORK Pictures available on www.capestory.org – send your pictures to post links at web site
VI. Unfinished Business
- Storm Water and Flood Damage– final report provided at Shore Drive Community Coalition – www.sdcc.info or www.vbgov.com for more continue to report concerns and problems to Public Works 385-1470
- Spring Fling – was held May 30th- 4PM -7PM in the Cape Story Park
- THEME For JULY 4th PARADE selected: Patriotic Pets & People
- Membership for 2010 – SPRING NEWSLETTER has membership application for 2010—JOIN NOW for $10 for whole family –MEMBERSHIP is open to ALL (Owners and Renters) persons living in Cape Story. Please provide READABLE email to be added to or to remain on the CSBTS Email List. Chance for $100 drawing with each membership application. Application attached to this agenda
V. New Business
- Shore Drive Safety Initiative – City Council agreed to reduce Speed to 35 mph on Shore Drive on June 15th to Pleasure House Road on trial basis, survey to be done, Shore Drive Safety Event scheduled for June 24th at Kokamos (first event was at Shuckers on June 3rd). http://www.vbgov.com/file_source/dept/webteam/Document/shore_drive_safety_task_force_report_to_SDAC.pdf
- JULY 4th EVENTS– Sunday July 4th – Parade- 10AM Patriotic Pets & People theme – MAYOR SESSOMS with be our Parade Marshall – gather at Beech Street 9:30 -9:45 AM –Brunch in the Park with patriotic Music. Fireworks on the Bay at 9:20PM , rain date July5th, VOLUNTEERS NEEDED call Todd 667-8533, email@example.com. See SkipJack or www.capestory.org for more information.
- VBCCO-: June 9, 2010 – 7PM at the Meyera Obendorf Central library- bicycle safety and bike paths.
- Party in the Park – JULY 14th Wednesday at Mt Trashmore, Shelters 1 & 2 5:30 PM –dusk Come out and meet your City Leaders
- SDCC – Check www.sdcc.info for current information on Everything you wanted to know about Shore Drive– CSBTS residents may attend as guests. Next meeting is MONDAY, June 28, 2010 at 7:30PM at the Ocean Park Rescue Squad Station- Lynnhaven River update and Clean the Bay day update.
-2010- Membership dues $10 per family per calendar year.
Please make checks payable to Cape Story Civic Association Mail form and $10 to:
CSBTS Civic Association, PO Box 700, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23451
Email:______________________________ for CSBTS Email List
I am interested in participating in:
Spring Fling:______ Fireworks Committee _______CSBTS website:_____ 4th of July parade/brunch:____ Oyster Roast:_______
Teen Event:____ Newsletter/columnist:___ Park Beautification:______ Other:_______
To Receive Neighborhood Watch email add your Email address:____________________
Neighborhood Watch is a Separate Email address
Comments: CSBTS Email list is generated from your membership application, so Please print READABLE Email address to be used for the 2010 CSBTS email