(Click here for a printer friendly version of the agenda)- april 2011 agenda CAPE STORY BY THE SEACAPE STORY BY THE SEA MONTHLY CIVIC ASSOCIATION MEETING VIRGINIA BEACH RESORT HOTEL 2800 Shore Drive Monday, April 11, 2011 at 7:30pm
I. Call to Order
II. Minutes March 2011 Meeting
III. Treasurers Report
IV. Officers Reports
V. Committee Reports
- Clean Up & Beautification Committee—April 30th at 2PM Clean Up- Equipment purchase, City Contract for 2011
- Newsletter- SkipJack – SPRING 2011 – door bag proposal
- Military Partnership- CSBTS continues to work with JEB-Ft.Story for military family support
Easter Baskets and Dinner (gift cards welcome) Sponsorship Teri Doddy will be accepting donations until Sunday April 17th for Easter Basket items, drop off at 2219 Bayberry Street, 621-6724, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is the list of names and ages for Easter Baskets for the Military family:
Jocelyn – Age 4 (Loves Tinkerbelle)
Trevor – Age 6 (Likes Cars)
Domonic – Age 7 (Likes Outside Stuff)
Holden – Age 9 (Anything)
Zakery – Age 10 (Likes Football/Basketball)
Tami – Age 24 with Down Syndrome (Loves Hannah Montanna or Arts/Crafts)
VI .Unfinished Business
- Pleasure House Point – mailing brochures and special requests FOR CHARLIE HARRELSON’S project for the Cox Award
Favorable loan appears available for the purchase of PHP and a timely pay back of loan is planned with continued fund raising efforts.
VII. New Business
- New Park signs-City to install on Bayberry side.
- Basketball court to be replaced, Parks & Recreation’s Mr. Parkman aware of dates for Spring Fling –May 22nd and July 4th events in the park to arrange work.
- MARINA SHORES & DREDGE SITE- OPEN DISCUSSION ON COMMENTS AND POSITIONS OF CAPE STORY BY THE SEA RESIDENTS – please attend to make your voice heard for discussion of the “Maple Street Dredge Site”
Two projects: 1. floating piers- currently withdrawn from Wetlands Agenda
2. Permanent dredge transfer station— SDCC meeting –March 28th-forum for discussion with Councilman Wood and Councilman Jones and Assistant City Manager Dave Hanson and Public Works Engineering Phill Roehr- Newspaper article Beacon 4/3/11 www.vbgov.com and type in SSD in the search box. AMAZING amount of work, information, time, plans, from 2009 to 2011 by city staff and noted communities NOT on the dredge sites of Maple Street (CSBTS), Crab Creek, Thalia, Laskin Road and VB Blvd. NO Channels to be dredged in Cape Story by the Sea since there are no channels in our community but WE ARE A DREDGE SITE. Public hearings minimal or not posted currently.
SSD-Special Service District (examples-Sandbridge sand, Town Center).
City Council Meeting Tuesday April 12, 2011- 6PM in City Council Chambers at the Courthouse- Open Mike Night- an OPPORTUNITY for Citizens to sign up to speak for up to 3 minutes to City Council.
- Bat House – Article in Beacon Sunday April 3, 2011- houses installed at Kendall Street/ State Park
- VBCCO – April 11, 2011 – 7PM at the Meyera Obendorf Central library- Diana Albis will be representing Cape Story by the Sea.
- March 19th 2011 Awards Banquet at the Westin Hotel- Two CSBTS Citizens Award Nominees: Janet Hollingsworth – for Neighborhood Yard Sale in support of Stephanie and Teri Doddy –for Holiday Giving & JEB-Ft. Story support Received certificates and recognition by Mayor Sessoms- see pictures in the Cape Story by the Sea Bulletin Board in the Park
- SDCC – April 25, 2010 – Check www.sdcc.info for current information on Everything you wanted to know about Shore Drive– CSBTS residents may attend as guests
- CAPE STORY BY THE SEA 2011 MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION please fill out and send it to continue to receive CSBTS email. 2011 CSBTS email list in progress. Please email email@example.com if you are not receiving CSBTS emails (meeting agenda, events, flyers).