NEW FACEBOOK SITE to check https://www.facebook.com/CapeStoryByTheSea
THANK you to our Wake Forest neighbor Kerry Sentiff– BIG THANK YOU
Amazing pictures of the BEST PLACE TO LIVE IN VA BEACH
From Monday Night’s CSBTS Meeting:
1. Diana Albis is the new Co-Chair of the Clean Up and Beautification Committee – Cape Story by the Sea received a CERTIFICATE OF DISTINCTION from the Virginia Beach Clean Community Commission for continued efforts to “Keep Virginia Beach Beautiful”
2. Bill House is the FLAGMAN champion
3. SANTA IN THE PARK — SUNDAY, DECEMBER 9 – 1 PM TO 3 PM
Candy Cane Lighting Judging & Stumbling & Mumbling Carolers planned, watch for dates
4. NOVEMBER 24– SATURDAY– 10 AM to 4 PM-Cape Story by the Sea-ARTS-CRAFTS-YARD SALES Crawl – From Park and along Bike Trail and to Neighborhood YARD SALES— shop local- watch for updated emails for treasure map, locations, participates —- firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
5. Cape Story will request the City to install the same type “Plug” at the First Landing/Cape Henry pump house that was used in Ocean Park during Sandy and prevented Storm Water flooding in Ocean Park community.
6. Holiday Giving- possible SIX military families— Cookies for Troops– NEED BY NOV 21 for Thanksgiving- deliver to 2219 Bayberry Street – Teri & Chris Doddy—621-6727
7. SKIPJACK NEWSLETTER DEADLINE NOVEMBER 18 THIS SUNDAY pics, ads, articles, reports —email@example.com
8. Cape Henry Lighthouse Grand Illumination at Ft Story FRIDAY November 30th at 5 PM — Picture ID and Gate security check for public entry—
9. Cape Story by the Sea T- SHIRT Oyster Roast 2012 Available —$10 each
Cape Story plastic cups and CSBTS Decals– $1 each Advertise YOUR Neighborhood — funds used to support Spring Fling, Santa in the Park, Holiday giving, July 4th events
10. CSBTS MEMBERSHIP DRIVE for 2013 – join now for continued emails and to be added to Cape Story email list– $10 per household— READABLE email needed—- residents and renters of Cape Story eligible for membership– KNOW YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD and indicate NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH if not already signed up (separate email list). Cape Story and Neighborhood Email lists are not shared.
11. December 10, 2012 Monday 7:30 PM — CSBTS meeting and Christmas Social at the Va Resort Hotel TOP FLOOR executive board room- cash bar and door prizes.. Christmas Social is held at the Resort Hotel and recognizes the contribution of the Va Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center in providing Cape Story by the Sea a meeting venue. THANK YOU to the folks at the Hotel who support Cape Story!!