CAPE STORY BY THE SEA
MONTHLY CIVIC ASSOCIATION MEETING
VIRGINIA BEACH RESORT HOTEL
MARCH 10, 2008 at 7:30pm
I. Call to Order
III. Treasurers Report
IV. Officer Reports
Road Closures – Shamrock Marathon Sat March 15& Sun March 16
VI. Old Business
- Sailboats on Dunes– Several members (Brian, Jeff, Greg) developing position and action to be taken by CSBTS. Abandoned boats noted as major concern with possible removal during Sat. June 7th Clean The Bay Day (20th anniversary of Clean the Bay Day).
- Special Benefits for CSBTS Members– example of Chesapeake Beach Civic League benefits, Oyster roast ticket discounts a possible.
- “Park Patrol” – rapid response team? Citizens Police Academy and Senior Citizens Police Academy available through City of Va Beach www.vbgov.com
- Update on Cape Story Neighborhood Signs
- Contact Todd at firstname.lastname@example.org NEW CHAIRPERSON NEEDED for Fireworks on the Bay event.
- Marina Shores – continue to monitor progress
VII. New Business
· SPECIAL APRIL PROGRAM – All INVITED TO Attend- Presentation at 7:30PM Monday APRIL 14, 2008
-Virginia Beach Emergency Medical Services (EMS) presentation by Susan Dollenmeyer
-Information on CERT– Citizens Emergency Response Training- opportunities and services provided.
-AED (Automated External Defibrillator) Demonstration….THIS ONE MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE . STUDENTS and TEENS as well as ADULTS Invited to Attend
· Spring Fling_ Dates :
· Neighborhood Institute Course– April 3-June 12. Neighborhood Institute Course now open for Registration. The Department of Housing and Neighborhood Preservation is once agian invited citizens to enroll in the next session of the City’s Neighborhood Institute. Classes will be held on Thursday evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., April 3 – June 12, including one Monday in City Council Chambers, and three Saturday tours. Thurday night classes are held at the Advanced Technology Center. ATTENDED BY PRESIDENTS TODD And EMPSY. Well Worth the Time to Learn about YOUR CITY, Virginia . Call LorraineNesmith-Thompson 385-8132 or Lanitha Hudson 385-5734 or www.vbgov.com.
· Transportation Citizens Information Meeting – Pembroke Area Comprehensive Transportation Plan – Sandler Center for Performing Arts – March 17, 2008 Monday 5 pm to 7pm. www.downtownvb.com
· VBCCO– Va Beach Council of Civic Organizations- meeting Feb 13, 2008 meeting- Hampton Roads Transit Pending Resolution- Legislative overview. NEXT meeting March 12, 7PM Central Library
· Clean the Bay Day June 7 Saturday (Twenty anniversary)
· SDCC, Shore Drive Community Coalition – spoils site- Dredge station- newspaper article – March 31st 7:30PM Ocean Park fire/rescue station
V. Committee Reports
- Neighborhood Watch Update – Regina Wallace-
- Beautification & Clean-up Committee – Shirley Drye and Dee Simpson
- Military Liaison Update- new Ft. Story contacts noted: Monica Miller, Information Officer : email@example.com Ft. Storyphone: 757.422.7101 ext 225 and Tracie Culbreth: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 757.422.7311 – troops will be deploying and returning soon
- SkipJack: –Ginnie and Tracy Stover