CAPE STORY BY THE SEA
MONTHLY CIVIC ASSOCIATION MEETING
VIRGINIA BEACH RESORT HOTEL
APRIL 14, 2008 at 7:30pm
I. Call to Order
” SPECIAL APRIL PROGRAM – All INVITED TO Attend-
Presentation at 7:30PM:
Virginia Beach Emergency Medical Services (EMS) presentation by Susan Dollenmeyer. Also, information on CERT- Citizens Emergency Response Training- opportunities and services provided. AED (Automated External Defibrillator) Demonstration. THIS ONE MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE. STUDENTS and TEENS as well as ADULTS invited to attend.
III. Treasurers Report
IV. Officer Reports
V. Committee Reports
· Neighborhood Watch Update – Regina Wallace-
· Beautification & Clean-up Committee – Shirley Drye and Dee Simpson. Next Clean-Up Day is April 20th Sunday in the Park, 2PM
· Military Liaison Update- new Ft. Story contacts noted: Monica Miller, Information Officer : firstname.lastname@example.org Ft. Story phone: 757.422.7101 ext 225 and Tracie Culbreth: email@example.com phone: 757.422.7311 – troops will be deploying and returning soon
· SkipJack: Spring issue – Ginnie and Tracy Stover
VI. Old Business
· Spring Fling Sunday May 18th 2pm to 5pm in the Park : chairperson, coordinators, volunteers NEEDED
· Sailboats Sat. June 7th Clean The Bay Day (20th anniversary of Clean the Bay Day). Rick, Jeff, Brian.
· Special Benefits for CSBTS Members- example of Chesapeake Beach Civic League benefits, Ryan Murphy and Rick Boesch.
· Update on Cape Story Neighborhood Signs – survey on Beech street
· Contact Todd at firstname.lastname@example.org NEW CHAIRPERSON NEEDED for Fireworks on the Bay event.
· Marina Shores – continue to monitor progress
VII. New Business
· VBCCO- Va Beach Council of Civic Organizations- meeting April 9, 2008 meeting- Legislative overview – Joel Rubin, moderator. http://www.vbcco.org
· Clean the Bay Day June 7 Saturday (Twenty anniversary)
· SDCC, Shore Drive Community Coalition – April 28, 2008 Monday7:30PM Ocean Park fire/rescue station http://www.sdcc.info