CAPE STORY BY THE SEA
MONTHLY CIVIC ASSOCIATION MEETING
VIRGINIA BEACH RESORT HOTEL
Monday March 8, 2010 at 7:30pm
I. Call to Order
Introduction of guests – possible Candidates for Elections by Virginia Beach Voters
II. Minutes February 2010 Meeting
III. Treasurers Report
IV. Officers Reports
V. Committee Reports
- Neighborhood Watch Update – Regina Wallace- Neighborhood Watch –
- Beautification & Clean-up Committee – Shirley Drye and Dee Simpson –– completed Sunday, February 21st
- Military Liaison Update–
Amy Phillips, Information Officer firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 757.422.7101 ext 225 and Janson Eversole, AICP Community Planning Liaison Officer Jason.email@example.com
- SkipJack: Ginnie and Tracy Stover –SPRING ISSUE
Pictures available on www.capestory.org – send your pictures to post links at web site
VI. Unfinished Business
- Storm Water and Flood Damage follow up –must report concerns and problems to Public Works 385-1470 Nor’easter– SDCC and civic associations are working with City Storm water engineer, Mike Mundy to gather data from the storm in order to identity areas for improvement (back flow of water through storm drains and flood on streets and park noted). Please contact Mike Mundy at MMundy@vbgov.com with Your stories and pictures.
- Sand Replenishment on the Bay– weekly updates received by CSBTS-
Jim Wood, Phillip Roerhs and David Hansen have provided us with information noted. Mr. Lankford indicated on the March 1 weekly report that the sand haul over Oak Street will be completed at end of the week (March 6/7) and the restoration of the Oak Street vehicular beach access will commence immediately following the truck haul. No citizen concerns were received the previous week. A topographic survey of the beach has been scheduled to commence after the truck haul to document the “after placement” condition.
- Membership for 2010 – WINTER and SPRING NEWSLETTER has membership application for 2010—JOIN NOW for $10 for whole family –MEMBERSHIP is open to ALL (Owners and Renters) persons living in Cape Story. Please provide READABLE email to be added to or to remain on the CSBTS Email List. Chance for $100 drawing with each membership application.
- The Sandalwood Walkover– City Intends to rebuild – no time line stated, markers noted on bay-FEMA funds to cover costs
V. New Business
- CSBTS Elections Nominations: Elections for CSBTS 2010
President – Empsy Munden
1st Vice President- Tracy Stover
2nd Vice President- Diana Albis
Secretary – Todd Solomon
Treasurer – David Albis
Nominations from the Floor Called. Elections by members present
- VBCCO-: Banquet March 6, 2010- CSBTS nominations – Jim and Regina Wallace-membership drive 2009, Dee Simpson & Shirley Drye- Park & Trail Clean Ups, Teri and Chris Doddy- Christmas Families donations and Cookies for the Troops , Cape Story by the Sea- July 4th: parade, brunch, fireworks . Todd Solomon nominated by SDCC for Outstanding volunteer contributions to Cape Story and SHORE DRIVE
Categories available include Community Service Award— CSBTS Received THIS Award Last Year–and Outstanding Youth Award as well as citywide Volunteer of the Year Award and citywide Youth Volunteer Award and Community of the Year Award
March Meeting Wednesday March 10th at 7 PM- Central Library www.vbcco.org – Program:City Planning Commission CSBTS is a member for 2010, Diana Albis 2nd VP attends meetings . Meetings are open to the public.
· SDCC – Check www.sdcc.info for current information – CSBTS residents may attend as guests MONDAY, March 29, 2010 at 7:30PM at the Ocean Park Rescue Squad Station-Jim Wood and Louis Jones-will be guest speakers- City Budget- location may be changed , watch emails for updates …..
· Shamrock Marathon- Saturday, March 20 & Sunday, March 21-route will follow Atlantic Ave into Ft. Story West Gate. www.shamrockmarathon.com for information and volunteer