CAPE STORY BY THE SEA
MONTHLY CIVIC ASSOCIATION MEETING
VIRGINIA BEACH RESORT HOTEL
October 13, 2008 at 7:30pm
I. Call to Order
II. Introduction of Guests – Candidates for Virginia Beach Offices-
Invitations extended to Candidates for both Sept and Oct CSBTS Meetings – No formal confirmation of attendance
III. Minutes – Sept Meeting
IV. Treasurers Report
V. Officer Reports
1. Va Beach Candidates – civic association forums listed at http://www.sdcc.info
2. Va Beach Sertoma Club – Fall Bash- Oct 11- 1p-6p-First Landing State Park- phone for tickets: $45each: 289-7130, 340-0040
3. First Landing State Park- . Fall Fest is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 18th from 2:00 pm – 9:00 pm. From 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm, there will be Fall Fest activities on the trail side of the park. The bonfire scheduled from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm. As you may imagine, this will require a lot of volunteer help. If you can volunteer contact Pam Kern, Volunteer Coordinator, First Landing State Park, Phone: 412-2308.
4. Post Office – REMAINS at ocean front, Seapines. Only the Delivery annex (mail trucks) part is moving to new location off London Bridge Road.
VI. Committee Reports
– Neighborhood Watch Update – Regina Wallace- Neighborhood Watch -email alerts and reports
– Beautification & Clean-up Committee – Shirley Drye and Dee Simpson – Clean Up Sunday Oct 5th – a success. Trash cans in park and on trail, update
– Military Liaison Update- new Ft. Story contacts noted: Monica Miller, Information Officer : email@example.com Ft. Story phone: 757.422.7101 ext 225 and Tracie Culbreth: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 757.422.7311
– SkipJack: Ginnie and Tracy Stover Fall issue distributed
VI. Old Business
– July 4th Events final : Todd Solomon, David Albis, Matt Angelo
– Update on Cape Story Neighborhood Signs – survey on Beech street- Va Beach community Sign on Kendall
–Marina Shores – Development continues – Early 2009-possible update from R.J. Nutter or Gail Levine
VII. New Business
– CSBTS Oyster Roast– Sunday November 2nd, 2008, all tickets sold in advance
Tickets distributed to Street Capts
Planning meetings on going – VOLUTEERS NEEDED to SET Up and Clean Up Sat Nov 1 and Sun Nov 2
Tiki Bar building Sat. Oct 25th approx. 12 noon on Poinciana between Bayberry and Sandalwood (in pump station/CSBTS tool shed)
Food Drive for Thanksgiving – bring non-perishable items to Oyster Roast
Bring Your Special Side dishes to Share
New T-Shirt design in progress- THANK YOU Barbie Sherrill!!
DJ-our own Chris Doddy!!
– Holiday Giving- Nancy Snyder CSBTS coordinator for our families – planning sponsorship of two families and assistance to local families (seeking names if you know someone) DATES: Sunday Nov 23rd– for Thanksgiving Food Baskets and Sunday Dec 14th for Food and Gifts –
– Salvation Army Volunteers needed for Christmas events: contact Shelby Moore at 543-8100 ext.106. Email: email@example.com
– Boat Ramp– Permanent Spoils Site- VB Blvd appears current primary transfer site http://www.sdcc.info for updates
– City Marina action/change deferred indefinitely
– VBCCO– Va Beach Council of Civic Organizations- City Council and Mayoral candidate forum held Oct 1. Over 100 in attendance and all candidates present. Oct 4th Neighborhood Conference – City Library http://www.vbcco.org
– SDCC, Shore Drive Community Coalition – October 27, 2008 Monday 7:30PM Ocean Park fire/rescue station.
– Indigo Dunes– Deferred Hearing- REMOVED from Agenda at the State Water Control Board hearing on Oct 16-17