2016 Cape Story by the Sea Spring Fling
*** We regret to inform everyone that the decision has been made to cancel this year’s Spring Fling. After moving it once and the forecast for Sunday May 29th looking bad due to the path of tropical depression two, we have determined that Nature wins this year. We hope everyone understands and look forward to trying this again next year. Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend, may it not be too wet.***
The longest running and best oyster roast in Va Beach!
The 37th Annual Cape Story Oyster Roast at O’Leary’s in Marina Shores Shoppes of Great Neck Road supports Cape Story Civic League, Cape Story Fireworks,and other Cape Story by the Sea Civic Association events.
$35 get’s you all the beer you can drink, oysters, clams, BBQ, Hotdogs, hamburgers, chicken, hushpuppies, chili, gumbo, clam chowder, home made side dishes and much, much more. $45 at the door. There will be raffle tickets for sale for the usual big give aways, and the band this year is INTANGIABLE CATS!!!. Please purchase your T Shirt ($18 or $25 at the Door) online as well as join our Cornhole Raffle Ticket event supporting CAPE KIDS-Raffle tickets sold day of.
Any questions concerning the event, or sponsorship or volunteering please contact Bill House 757-615-0968 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always have a great time and we appreciate you support Cape Story by The Sea.
32nd Annual 4th of July “Fireworks on the Bay”
Fireworks – 9:20pm @ Cape Story Beach
(Rain Date for Fireworks is Sunday July 5th)
Similar to last year, the fireworks show will be presented by local company, VA PYRO. The display will consist of approximately 800 shells and will be launched around 9:20 pm on Saturday July 4th from the beach at First Landing State park.
The rain date will be Sunday July 5th at the same time. If it looks like rain, please check your emails, https://www.facebook.com/CapeStoryByTheSea, and www.capestory.org for updates.
Please remember – Storage, handling and use of fireworks without a permit from the Fire Marshal’s Office is a violation of City ordinance 12-43.2 and is a Class 1 Misdemeanor. Class 1 Misdemeanors are punishable by up to a $2500 fine and/or 12 months in jail.
Cape Story’s 52nd Annual 4th of July Parade/Brunch
Saturday July 4th from 10am – Noon @ Cape Story Neighborhood & Park
(Rain Date for Parade is Sunday July 5th)
PARADE THEME – “Candy Land”
This year’s parade and brunch will take place from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm (noon) on Saturday July 4th. The parade route will start on Beech at the bike path, proceed down Beech to Poinciana, follow Poinciana to Bayberry, turn left on Bayberry and end in the neighborhood park. All bike riders, floats and marchers need to line up for the parade between 9:30am – 9:45am. Please be careful spilling out onto Shore Drive. If you have to, line your float up in Food Lion’s parking lot and we will work you into the parade as it starts moving.
As in past years, trophies will be given for Most Original, Most Patriotic and Best Theme. The parade will be followed by a brunch in the park. There will also be biscuits, doughnuts, fruit and patriotic tunes.
As she has done in years past, an ice cream truck will also be provided courtesy of LYNN HUME, RE/MAX Allegiance.
Volunteers are needed for the 4th of July brunch
- Decoration Set Up, Brunch set-up, Brunch Clean-up, Brunch servers – Please Arrive at the park by 9:00am to help.
Click here for a printable version of the agenda MARCH 2015 AGENDA CAPE STORY BY THE SEA
CAPE STORY BY THE SEA
MONTHLY CIVIC ASSOCIATION MEETING
VIRGINIA BEACH RESORT HOTEL
2800 Shore Drive
Monday March 9, 2015 at 7:30pm
I. Call to Order –Introduction of Guests SPECIAL PROGRAM FLOOD INSURANCE PRESENTATION —SCOTT HUNTER–
II. Minutes of February 2015 Meeting
III. Treasurer’s Report
IV. Officer’s Report
V. Committee Reports
- Clean Up & Beautification Committee— March 7th Clean UP
- Newsletter SkipJack: email@example.com– DEADLINE FEBRUARY 13
- Military Partnership- CSBTS continues to work with JEB-Ft. Story for military family support
VI. Unfinished Business
- Fireworks Contract 2015
- Report on obtaining 501-4c status for CSBTS
- Flooding Concerns – FUNDING –Gene Evans- Continuing Dredge, Storm Water, Wetlands,
VII. New Business
- J&A Racing is looking for course marshal volunteers to support the Yuengling Shamrock Marathon – a Virginia Beach tradition since 1973 – on March 22, 2015, and will make a generous donation to our fireworks fund as a thank you for our help! If you are interested and available, please contact: Todd Solomon 757-667-8533, Brian Sagedy 757-761-0470 or Bill House at 757-615-0968
- CSBTS 2015 Events: Spring Fling (May 17 tentative) – July 4th Parade, Brunch, Fireworks – Oyster Roast November 8,2015 – Santa in the Park Dec 12, 2015—-
- BAC-Bayside Advisory Commission- March 19, 2015 3:30 PM VB Resort Hotel-
- VBCCO – Monthly meeting- Central Library- March 19, 2015 7PM- Arena Proposal Update; Mr. Doug Smith, Deputy City Manager & Ms. Andrea Kilmer, President & CEO The ESG Companies . March Annual Banquet—Nominations requested for outstanding civic association events or outstanding volunteer – YOUTH as well as Adult
- SDCC- MARCH 30, 2015- TODD SOLOMON Pres. – Monday- 7:30PM- Check www.sdcc.info for current information on Everything you wanted to know about Shore Drive– CSBTS
- 2015 Goals: obtain 501-4c tax status, Update CSBTS By-Laws, increase membership, increase use of Facebook, NextDoor
Announcing a great fundraising opportunity for our 4th of July fireworks display
J&A Racing is looking for course marshal volunteers to support the Yuengling Shamrock Marathon – a Virginia Beach tradition since 1973 – on March 22, 2015, and will make a generous donation to our fireworks fund as a thank you for our help!
- Course marshals are a critical part of the Shamrock event as they prevent unauthorized access to the race course during the half and full marathon on Sunday, March 22, 2015. Course marshals also act as guides and cheerleaders for race participants!
- Volunteers will man key intersections on Atlantic Avenue from 31st to 89th Street during the race. Specific assignments and instructions will be issued closer to race week.
- Volunteers will be required from 6am to 3pm, depending on specific location.
- Volunteers will receive a special T-shirt, box lunch, and water prior to their assignment.
- Volunteers will be assigned in pairs to allow for rest and bathroom breaks.
If you are interested and available, please contact Bill House at 757-615-0968 or Click Here to sign up.
Thank you for helping our community, and our fireworks fund!
Click here for a printable flyer – shamrock2015Cape Story Civic League Flyer
One of the most amazing activities we accomplish in our neighborhood is our annual Holiday Giving initiative. This year we want to make the holidays happy for 5 local military families that need a little help.
If you can find time and the heart to give, please check out the list below and thank you for your efforts.
Click here for a printable version of the flyer
If you need an activity to get you into the Holiday spirit, check out all the things that are planned for your neighborhood.
Singing, Drinking, Lights, Cookies…….what more could you need
Click here for a printable version of the flyer