Cape Story’s 53rd Annual 4th of July Parade/Brunch
Monday July 4th from 10am – Noon @ Cape Story Neighborhood & Park
(Rain Date – Most likely there will be NO rain date since Tuesday is a work day. Notifications will be posted on www.capestory.org , Nextdoor.com, Facebook and emailed)
PARADE THEME – May the 4th Be With You
This year’s parade and brunch will take place from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm (noon) on Monday July 4th. The parade route will start on Beech at the bike path, proceed down Beech to Poinciana, follow Poinciana to Bayberry, turn left on Bayberry and end in the neighborhood park. All bike riders, floats and marchers need to line up for the parade between 9:30am – 9:45am. Please be careful spilling out onto Shore Drive. If you have to, line your float up in Food Lion’s parking lot and we will work you into the parade as it starts moving.
As in past years, trophies will be given for Most Original, Most Patriotic and Best Theme. The parade will be followed by a brunch in the park. There will also be biscuits, doughnuts, fruit and patriotic tunes.
As she has done in years past, an ice cream truck will also be provided courtesy of LYNN HUME, RE/MAX Allegiance.
The Cape Story by the Sea Skipjack Summer 2016 Edition is now online.
Click the link below to download and read it
The winner for 2016’s 4th of July Parade Theme is… May the 4th Be With You
Thank you to all those that voted. The results were taken from the totals of all the individual IP address votes to maintain a one vote per device requirement. All votes shown below.
|Tally of Responses (1 per IP Address/Device)|
|Other (type your theme below)||4|
|Here Comes the Revolution||6|
|Cats, Dogs and Volleyballs||11|
|Dream a Dream of Freedom||13|
|Cape Story in All Its Glory||15|
|May the 4th Be With You||20|
|America, The Beautiful|
|Embrace America’s Diversity|
|Lets celebrate America the Beautiful. Lord knows we need it!!!!!|
|Story of Cape Crusaders|
|Cape Story July 4th Parade Theme Winner:|
|May the 4th Be With You|
|Cape Story in All Its Glory|
|Dream a Dream of Freedom|
17th Annual Cape Story Spring Fling
Sunday May 17, 2014
(rain date May 24th)
4:00 to 7:00 PM
in the Cape Story Neighborhood Park
Fun & Food for All Ages!!! – Come enjoy free hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and drinks (water & lemonade) all compliments of the Cape Story by the Sea Civic Association. There will be a bounce house and plenty of games for the children and adults. There will be a hula-hoop contest, sack races, basketball shooting contest, water balloon toss and more. Prizes will be awarded to the winners.
Snow cones and popcorn will be graciously provided by LYNN HUME, RE/MAX Allegiance and Bobby the Clown, Inc. will be providing face painting and balloon animals.
Remember to bring: a side dish (salads, fruit, deserts, etc.) to share, lawn chairs and sodas.
Volunteers and Coordinators are always welcomed to help out with this year’s event. If you’re interested in cooking, helping out with the games or decorating the park, please email the event chairman, Todd Solomon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for a printable version of the agenda JUNE 2012 CAPE STORY BY THE SEA
CAPE STORY BY THE SEA
MONTHLY CIVIC ASSOCIATION MEETING
VIRGINIA BEACH RESORT HOTEL
2800 Shore Drive
Monday, June 11, 2012 at 7:30pm
I. Call to Order
II. Minutes of May 2012 Meeting
III. Treasurers Report
IV. Officers Reports
V. Committee Reports
- Clean Up & Beautification Committee— June before JULY 4th EVENTS
- Newsletter- SkipJack SUMMER Issue– email@example.com- SUMMER Issue
- Military Partnership- CSBTS continues to work with JEB-Ft.Story for military family support-
- Neighborhood Watch
VI . Unfinished Business
- www.longcreekwetlands.com – FUNDING
- SPRING FLING – held on May 27th –rain date –Pick a theme for July 4th Parade – Parade Theme determined by votes: RED, WHITE & SCARY—in the tradition of the great Halloween events and pirate /tall ships of Cape Story-
VII. New Business
- July 4th events- Mayor Sessoms- will be our GRAND MARSHAL –
PARADE, BRUNCH, FIREWORKS-Volunteers needed – DONATIONS FOR FIRE WORKS-Mailing Sent- Sponsored by CAPE STORY BY THE SEA- Your Support buys the FIRE WORKS, fire marshals, permit as well as your trucks to transport shells over the dune atFirstLandingState Park
- Oyster Roast Planning meetings – Committee chairs identified. Location at O’Leary’s on Sunday, November 4, 2012- Tickets $30 in advance. Monthly planning meetings to continue for Oyster Roast. Watch for emails
- VBCCO –June 21 , 2012- Thursday-7PM Central Library–
Light Rail discussion to continue and the upcoming referendum to extend light rail toVirginia Beach. CapeStoryresidents may attend as guest.
- SDCC –Monday , June 25,2012– 7:30PM Check www.sdcc.info for current information on Everything you wanted to know about Shore Drive– CSBTS residents may attend as guests- Delegate Chris Stolle guest speaker scheduled
- CAPESTORY BY THE SEA 2012 MEMBERSHIP currently ___including Christmas Light winners. IF YOU LIVE IN CAPE STORY, YOU can be a member for $10 (covers cost of newsletter, park expenses, food for Spring Fling & Santa & July 4th) FILL OUT APPLICATION – Membership Drive for 2012 – please fill out and send in to continue to receive CSBTS email. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not receiving CSBTS emails (meeting agenda, events, and flyers).
The application for expanded wetslips and a permanent dredge spoils transfer station has be WITHDRAWN. See email excerpt from City below.
This is to advise you that the applicant’s agent has requested that the Joint Permit Application, (VB09-101) for Marina Shores Marina be withdrawn. The project will be redesigned for a future submittal of a new Joint Permit Application.
Accordingly, this is to advise you that the application will not be considered by the Wetlands Board at the January 18, 2011 Wetlands Public Hearing.
Coastal Zone Inspector
City of Virginia Beach
Environment and Sustainability Office