The Skipjack Winter 2020 Edition can be viewed by clicking this link https://capestory.files.wordpress.com/2020/02/skipjack-winter-2020.pdf
It can also be found along with all the past issues on the Skipjack page by clicking here https://capestory.org/skipjack/
Click on the image below to be redirected to the Parade Theme Voting Poll
Voting Ends Friday June 17th
The longest running and best oyster roast in Va Beach!
The 37th Annual Cape Story Oyster Roast at O’Leary’s in Marina Shores Shoppes of Great Neck Road supports Cape Story Civic League, Cape Story Fireworks,and other Cape Story by the Sea Civic Association events.
$35 get’s you all the beer you can drink, oysters, clams, BBQ, Hotdogs, hamburgers, chicken, hushpuppies, chili, gumbo, clam chowder, home made side dishes and much, much more. $45 at the door. There will be raffle tickets for sale for the usual big give aways, and the band this year is INTANGIABLE CATS!!!. Please purchase your T Shirt ($18 or $25 at the Door) online as well as join our Cornhole Raffle Ticket event supporting CAPE KIDS-Raffle tickets sold day of.
Any questions concerning the event, or sponsorship or volunteering please contact Bill House 757-615-0968 or email@example.com.
As always have a great time and we appreciate you support Cape Story by The Sea.
Click here for a printable version of the agenda MARCH 2015 AGENDA CAPE STORY BY THE SEA
CAPE STORY BY THE SEA
MONTHLY CIVIC ASSOCIATION MEETING
VIRGINIA BEACH RESORT HOTEL
2800 Shore Drive
Monday March 9, 2015 at 7:30pm
I. Call to Order –Introduction of Guests SPECIAL PROGRAM FLOOD INSURANCE PRESENTATION —SCOTT HUNTER–
II. Minutes of February 2015 Meeting
III. Treasurer’s Report
IV. Officer’s Report
V. Committee Reports
- Clean Up & Beautification Committee— March 7th Clean UP
- Newsletter SkipJack: firstname.lastname@example.org– DEADLINE FEBRUARY 13
- Military Partnership- CSBTS continues to work with JEB-Ft. Story for military family support
VI. Unfinished Business
- Fireworks Contract 2015
- Report on obtaining 501-4c status for CSBTS
- Flooding Concerns – FUNDING –Gene Evans- Continuing Dredge, Storm Water, Wetlands,
VII. New Business
- J&A Racing is looking for course marshal volunteers to support the Yuengling Shamrock Marathon – a Virginia Beach tradition since 1973 – on March 22, 2015, and will make a generous donation to our fireworks fund as a thank you for our help! If you are interested and available, please contact: Todd Solomon 757-667-8533, Brian Sagedy 757-761-0470 or Bill House at 757-615-0968
- CSBTS 2015 Events: Spring Fling (May 17 tentative) – July 4th Parade, Brunch, Fireworks – Oyster Roast November 8,2015 – Santa in the Park Dec 12, 2015—-
- BAC-Bayside Advisory Commission- March 19, 2015 3:30 PM VB Resort Hotel-
- VBCCO – Monthly meeting- Central Library- March 19, 2015 7PM- Arena Proposal Update; Mr. Doug Smith, Deputy City Manager & Ms. Andrea Kilmer, President & CEO The ESG Companies . March Annual Banquet—Nominations requested for outstanding civic association events or outstanding volunteer – YOUTH as well as Adult
- SDCC- MARCH 30, 2015- TODD SOLOMON Pres. – Monday- 7:30PM- Check www.sdcc.info for current information on Everything you wanted to know about Shore Drive– CSBTS
- 2015 Goals: obtain 501-4c tax status, Update CSBTS By-Laws, increase membership, increase use of Facebook, NextDoor
Announcing a great fundraising opportunity for our 4th of July fireworks display
J&A Racing is looking for course marshal volunteers to support the Yuengling Shamrock Marathon – a Virginia Beach tradition since 1973 – on March 22, 2015, and will make a generous donation to our fireworks fund as a thank you for our help!
- Course marshals are a critical part of the Shamrock event as they prevent unauthorized access to the race course during the half and full marathon on Sunday, March 22, 2015. Course marshals also act as guides and cheerleaders for race participants!
- Volunteers will man key intersections on Atlantic Avenue from 31st to 89th Street during the race. Specific assignments and instructions will be issued closer to race week.
- Volunteers will be required from 6am to 3pm, depending on specific location.
- Volunteers will receive a special T-shirt, box lunch, and water prior to their assignment.
- Volunteers will be assigned in pairs to allow for rest and bathroom breaks.
If you are interested and available, please contact Bill House at 757-615-0968 or Click Here to sign up.
Thank you for helping our community, and our fireworks fund!
Click here for a printable flyer – shamrock2015Cape Story Civic League Flyer
One of the most amazing activities we accomplish in our neighborhood is our annual Holiday Giving initiative. This year we want to make the holidays happy for 5 local military families that need a little help.
If you can find time and the heart to give, please check out the list below and thank you for your efforts.
Click here for a printable version of the flyer