2016 Cape Story by the Sea Spring Fling
*** We regret to inform everyone that the decision has been made to cancel this year’s Spring Fling. After moving it once and the forecast for Sunday May 29th looking bad due to the path of tropical depression two, we have determined that Nature wins this year. We hope everyone understands and look forward to trying this again next year. Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend, may it not be too wet.***
The longest running and best oyster roast in Va Beach!
The 37th Annual Cape Story Oyster Roast at O’Leary’s in Marina Shores Shoppes of Great Neck Road supports Cape Story Civic League, Cape Story Fireworks,and other Cape Story by the Sea Civic Association events.
$35 get’s you all the beer you can drink, oysters, clams, BBQ, Hotdogs, hamburgers, chicken, hushpuppies, chili, gumbo, clam chowder, home made side dishes and much, much more. $45 at the door. There will be raffle tickets for sale for the usual big give aways, and the band this year is INTANGIABLE CATS!!!. Please purchase your T Shirt ($18 or $25 at the Door) online as well as join our Cornhole Raffle Ticket event supporting CAPE KIDS-Raffle tickets sold day of.
Any questions concerning the event, or sponsorship or volunteering please contact Bill House 757-615-0968 or email@example.com.
As always have a great time and we appreciate you support Cape Story by The Sea.
CAPE STORY BY THE SEA
MONTHLY CIVIC ASSOCIATION MEETING
VIRGINIA BEACH RESORT HOTEL
2800 Shore Drive
MONDAY OCT 12, 2O15 AT 7:30PM
- Call to Order Introduction of Guests
- Minutes of SEPT 2015 Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- Officer’s Report
- Committee Reports
- Clean Up & Beautification Committee—
- Newsletter SkipJack: firstname.lastname@example.org– Fall issue distributed
- Military Partnership- CSBTS continues to work with JEB-Ft. Story for military family support
6. Unfinished Business
- Report on obtaining 501-4c status for CSBTS
- Flooding Concerns – FUNDING –Gene Evans- Continuing Dredge, Storm Water, Wetlands,
7. New Business
- Oyster Roast November 8,2015 1 PM TO 5 PM
- LAST VOLUNTEER MEEING OCT 28TH 7 PM AT O’LEARY’S– come on out to sign up – PINK HOUSE (2760 Ocean Shore Ave) SATURDAY NOV 7 in afternoon – to pick up t-shirts, last minute plans, etc
- Santa in the Park Dec 12, 2015
- BAC-Bayside Advisory Commission- Oct 15, 2015 3:30 PM VB Resort Hotel-
- VBCCO –LYNNHAVEN RIVER NOW- WED. OCT 14, 2015 – 6:30 PM TO 9 PM CENTRAL LIBRARY CANDIDATES DEBATE
- SDCC- Oct 26, 2015- TODD SOLOMON Pres. – Monday- 7:30PM- Check www.sdcc.info for current information on Everything you wanted to know about Shore Drive– CSBTS
- 2015 Goals: obtain 501-4c tax status, Update CSBTS By-Laws, increase membership, increase use of Facebook, NextDoor
- ELECTION DAY TUES NOV 3,2015 VOTE!!!
The Fall 2015 edition of the award winning Skipjack, your neighborhood newsletter, has been posted here https://capestory.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/skipjack-fall-15.pdf
Be aware, it is a large file and may take a minute to load but well worth it.
32nd Annual 4th of July “Fireworks on the Bay”
Fireworks – 9:20pm @ Cape Story Beach
(Rain Date for Fireworks is Sunday July 5th)
Similar to last year, the fireworks show will be presented by local company, VA PYRO. The display will consist of approximately 800 shells and will be launched around 9:20 pm on Saturday July 4th from the beach at First Landing State park.
The rain date will be Sunday July 5th at the same time. If it looks like rain, please check your emails, https://www.facebook.com/CapeStoryByTheSea, and www.capestory.org for updates.
Please remember – Storage, handling and use of fireworks without a permit from the Fire Marshal’s Office is a violation of City ordinance 12-43.2 and is a Class 1 Misdemeanor. Class 1 Misdemeanors are punishable by up to a $2500 fine and/or 12 months in jail.