The Skipjack Winter 2015 Edition can be downloaded and read from the link below. You can also find it and all of the past editions of our award winning newsletter at the site’s Skipjack Newsletter page.
The longest running and best oyster roast in Va Beach!
The 37th Annual Cape Story Oyster Roast at O’Leary’s in Marina Shores Shoppes of Great Neck Road supports Cape Story Civic League, Cape Story Fireworks,and other Cape Story by the Sea Civic Association events.
$35 get’s you all the beer you can drink, oysters, clams, BBQ, Hotdogs, hamburgers, chicken, hushpuppies, chili, gumbo, clam chowder, home made side dishes and much, much more. $45 at the door. There will be raffle tickets for sale for the usual big give aways, and the band this year is INTANGIABLE CATS!!!. Please purchase your T Shirt ($18 or $25 at the Door) online as well as join our Cornhole Raffle Ticket event supporting CAPE KIDS-Raffle tickets sold day of.
Any questions concerning the event, or sponsorship or volunteering please contact Bill House 757-615-0968 or email@example.com.
As always have a great time and we appreciate you support Cape Story by The Sea.
CAPE STORY BY THE SEA
MONTHLY CIVIC ASSOCIATION MEETING
VIRGINIA BEACH RESORT HOTEL
2800 Shore Drive
MONDAY OCT 12, 2O15 AT 7:30PM
- Call to Order Introduction of Guests
- Minutes of SEPT 2015 Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- Officer’s Report
- Committee Reports
- Clean Up & Beautification Committee—
- Newsletter SkipJack: firstname.lastname@example.org– Fall issue distributed
- Military Partnership- CSBTS continues to work with JEB-Ft. Story for military family support
6. Unfinished Business
- Report on obtaining 501-4c status for CSBTS
- Flooding Concerns – FUNDING –Gene Evans- Continuing Dredge, Storm Water, Wetlands,
7. New Business
- Oyster Roast November 8,2015 1 PM TO 5 PM
- LAST VOLUNTEER MEEING OCT 28TH 7 PM AT O’LEARY’S– come on out to sign up – PINK HOUSE (2760 Ocean Shore Ave) SATURDAY NOV 7 in afternoon – to pick up t-shirts, last minute plans, etc
- Santa in the Park Dec 12, 2015
- BAC-Bayside Advisory Commission- Oct 15, 2015 3:30 PM VB Resort Hotel-
- VBCCO –LYNNHAVEN RIVER NOW- WED. OCT 14, 2015 – 6:30 PM TO 9 PM CENTRAL LIBRARY CANDIDATES DEBATE
- SDCC- Oct 26, 2015- TODD SOLOMON Pres. – Monday- 7:30PM- Check www.sdcc.info for current information on Everything you wanted to know about Shore Drive– CSBTS
- 2015 Goals: obtain 501-4c tax status, Update CSBTS By-Laws, increase membership, increase use of Facebook, NextDoor
- ELECTION DAY TUES NOV 3,2015 VOTE!!!
The Fall 2015 edition of the award winning Skipjack, your neighborhood newsletter, has been posted here https://capestory.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/skipjack-fall-15.pdf
Be aware, it is a large file and may take a minute to load but well worth it.
32nd Annual 4th of July “Fireworks on the Bay”
Fireworks – 9:20pm @ Cape Story Beach
(Rain Date for Fireworks is Sunday July 5th)
Similar to last year, the fireworks show will be presented by local company, VA PYRO. The display will consist of approximately 800 shells and will be launched around 9:20 pm on Saturday July 4th from the beach at First Landing State park.
Please remember – Storage, handling and use of fireworks without a permit from the Fire Marshal’s Office is a violation of City ordinance 12-43.2 and is a Class 1 Misdemeanor. Class 1 Misdemeanors are punishable by up to a $2500 fine and/or 12 months in jail.
Cape Story’s 52nd Annual 4th of July Parade/Brunch
Saturday July 4th from 10am – Noon @ Cape Story Neighborhood & Park
(Rain Date for Parade is Sunday July 5th)
PARADE THEME – “Candy Land”
This year’s parade and brunch will take place from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm (noon) on Saturday July 4th. The parade route will start on Beech at the bike path, proceed down Beech to Poinciana, follow Poinciana to Bayberry, turn left on Bayberry and end in the neighborhood park. All bike riders, floats and marchers need to line up for the parade between 9:30am – 9:45am. Please be careful spilling out onto Shore Drive. If you have to, line your float up in Food Lion’s parking lot and we will work you into the parade as it starts moving.
As in past years, trophies will be given for Most Original, Most Patriotic and Best Theme. The parade will be followed by a brunch in the park. There will also be biscuits, doughnuts, fruit and patriotic tunes.
As she has done in years past, an ice cream truck will also be provided courtesy of LYNN HUME, RE/MAX Allegiance.
Volunteers are needed for the 4th of July brunch
- Decoration Set Up, Brunch set-up, Brunch Clean-up, Brunch servers – Please Arrive at the park by 9:00am to help.